The general objective of this leadership program is to provide an understanding of the organization’s policies, strategies, culture, and best practices and to prepare servant leaders who model the principles and practices of Christ’s leadership. The apostle Paul counsels; “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ” 1 Corinthians 11:1. It is concerned with equipping both current and emerging leaders to embrace and foster the Seventh-day Adventist tradition.
Coaching, assessments, and a wide range of mentoring strategies are included in this leadership paradigm. It is a blended initiative that involves action learning (project assignments, group task forces) along with technology offerings (face-to-face, collaboration, videos, online and other forms of distant learning procedures).
The program is divided into two main segments:
– Prepare for management or leadership role
– Build a common leadership language within the organization
– Increase personal effectiveness and performance
-Personal responsibilities of the leader (Spiritual, Physical, Social, Mental Family)
– Integrate cross-functional perspectives in decisions
– Handle complexity
– Manage political issues
– Disseminate initiatives and ideas to other leaders
– Select and lead leaders for high performance
– Transition from individual performer to leading a team
– Build relationships to get work done
– Deal effectively with conflict
– Solve problems successfully
– Set vision and build toward the future
– Balance trade-offs between the short- and long-term
– Align the organization for strategy implementation
-Training board and committee members to effectively execute their roles.