The mission of the Shepherdess International organization of the Inter-American Division is to foster among the wives of pastors a passion for service by motivating them to be spiritually, physically, mentally and socially prepared to exercise a positive influence within their families, churches, and communities in order to lead men, women and children to the feet of Jesus.
The vision is to have a group of pastors’ wives who are united, given to prayer, consecrated, who do not yield to the distraction of selfishness, pettiness, a competitive spirit, and who, guided by the Holy Spirit, can be role models of virtue and grace for Christian women.
1. To challenge the pastors’ wives to be role models for Christian women
2. To inspire the pastors’ wives to be examples in service
3. To establish active chapters of Shepherdess International in each field
4. To conduct seminars to prepare pastors’ wives to perform various functions
5. To ensure that pastors’ wives enjoy a support system
6. To establish a network of contacts among the Shepherdess International chapters
7. To ensure that the pastors’ wives experience steady spiritual, personal and professional growth
8. To provide counseling for pastors’ wives
9. To stimulate the pastors’ wives to contribute articles for the Shepherdess International magazine
10.To pay more attention to the pastors’ children. (Camps, retreats, special programs etc.)