The Inter-American Division Health Ministries Department promotes a healthy lifestyle within the church and its social environs. We encourage our members wherever they may be to become genuine living testimonies to others, thus awakening in them a spirit of inquiry and opening the door to facilitate the action of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
The philosophy of the Health Ministries Department is based on the fundamental belief of most human beings, which is: Man was created, redeemed and glorified to imitate Jesus in His approach to, and satisfaction of, the needs of those whom He came to salve.
The Inter-American Division Health Ministries Department proposes the following objectives:
- To promote, in preparation for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ, physical, mental, social and spiritual health at each level of our organization and our institutions
- To prepare educators and promoters of health in our churches
- To minister to both Adventist and non-Adventist youth and to prepare them to be future leaders of our church and of the community
- To involve Adventist professionals in the ministry of health and temperance of the church, encouraging them to have as a priority in their lives to give testimony of the teaching of Adventist health
- To constantly be looking for ways to promote growth and development of our health care institutions so that they may support the ministry of the church. We advocate not only the healing of physical illnesses, but also the healing and salvation of souls from a sinful lifestyle and its consequences.
- To promote a systematic integration of the teaching of health in the curriculum of the Theology and Education Departments of our colleges and universities, for the better preparation and equipping of our preachers and educators.
- To promote health in different ways. To open vegetarian restaurants; to organize, patronize and participate in peaceful public demonstrations against tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc.
- To work with other organizations which promote health without compromising our original identity.
1. Week of Prayer – September 22-29, 2012
2. Day of AIDS Emphasis (HIV) – November 24, 2012
3. Health Day – January 21, 2013
4. IAD Health Ministries Summit – March 20-25, 2013